The Spanish Chapter meets again
On the 26th of October, in Madrid, the Spanish Chapter of InterPore will meet again with a one-day meeting full of interesting talks and interactions in the world of porous media.
To register, fill in the registration form here.
To find out more, click the brochure image below (versión en castellano) and check the preliminary program.
About InterPore Spain
The Spanish Chapter of the InterPore society aims to create a broad network of companies, research centers, and universities in the field porous media. The Spanish Chapter will focus on interdisciplinary fundamental studies of porous media in connection with applications and national technological demands. Its objective is to advance and disseminate knowledge for the understanding, description, and modeling of natural and industrial porous media systems.
– President: Marco Dentz (IDAEA-CSIC)
– Vice-President: Juan J. Hidalgo González (IDAEA-CSIC)
– Secretary: Laura Gonzalez Blanco (CIMNE-UPC)
– Treasurer: Elena Abarca Cameo (AMPHOS 21)
– Communication: María Pool (AMPHOS 21)
– Board member: Francisco Javier Elorza (UPM)
– Board member: J. Jaime Gómez Hernández (UPV)
– Board member: Vicenta María Barragán García (UCM)
– Carolina Guardiola Albert (IGME-CSIC)
– Luis Cueto-Felgueroso (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
– Pablo Ángel García Salaberri (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
– Joaquín Jiménez Martínez (Eidgenössisch Technische Hochschule Zürich)
– Jordi Ortín (Universitat de Barcelona)
– Jean Vaunat (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
Annual meeting of the Spanish InterPore Chapter · October 2021
The annual meeting of the Spanish InterPore Chapter was held at Technical University of Valencia (UPV) on October 16, 2021 with the participation of over 20 researchers from academia and industry.
The annual meeting hand a hybrid format allowing participation in-person and online. The meeting was opened by Jaime Gómez, professor of the UPV and a Board member of the Spanish InterPore Chapter. Then, the President of the Spanish InterPore Chapter Marco Dentz (IDAEA-CSIC) gave a short introduction on the mission of InterPore and the national chapter. Finally, the Vice-President Juan J. Hidalgo (IDAEA-CSIC) gave a presentation on the organization of the Spanish Chapter and its establishment as a non-profit association. He led a round table discussion on the creation of a knowledge-sharing forum and minisymposia for exchanging ideas and expertise.
To read the full report about the meeting: Click here.
InterPore Spain chapter kick-off meeting
The kickoff meeting of the Spanish InterPore Chapter was held at the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC) in Barcelona on January 28, 2020 wit the participation of 30 researchers from academia and industry. The meeting was sponsored by the IDAEA, and through the Severo-Ochoa program of excellence.
The meeting established the Spanish InterPore Chapter as a platform for interdisciplinary porous media research, and exchange between academia and industry in Spain. A scientific meeting consisting of 4 different sessions preceded the round table discussion and formation of the steering committee.
The meeting was opened by the director of IDAEA-CSIC, Teresa Moreno. After this, Marco Dentz (IDAEA-CSIC) gave a short introduction on the steps leading up to this meeting, before Michel Quintard (IMFT Toulouse, InterPore) gave a presentation on the InterPore Society and the role of the national chapters.
The opening session was followed by a keynote lecture of Michel Quintard. The scientific program was organized in 4 blocks on (i) Hydrogeology, (ii) Geotechnics and Geoenergy, (iii) Geoenergy and Geological Storage, (iv) Industrial Porous Media, with a total of 8 talks of 30 minutes each. The detailed program is attached below.
The meeting was concluded with a round table discussion on the future of the chapter, and the formation of the Steering and Advisory Committees.Program of the kickoff meeting of the Spanish InterPore Chapter
Welcome & Presentation: Welcome note (Teresa Moreno, director of IDAEA-CSIC), presentation Spanish InterPore Chapter (Marco Dentz), presentation InterPore Society (Michel Quintard)
Keynote Speaker: Michel Quintard (IMFT Toulouse): Non-Newtonian flows in porous media
- Jaime Gómez-Hernández (UPV): Microesferas en un tanque: no tan fácil como parece.
- Jesús Carrera (IDAEA): Pore scale challenges in modelling biodegradation
Geotechnics and Geoenergy
- Sebastiá Olivella (UPC): Gas flow in clay materials
- Víctor Vilarrasa (IDAEA): Using geologic resources to mitigate climate change
Geoenergy and Geological Storage
- Pablo Salinas (Imperial College): Mallas no estructuradas adaptativas para modelar sistemas geotermicos altamente heterogeneos
- Jorge Molinero (AMPHOS21): Principales retos en la simulación de medios porosos en el sector de la gestión de los residuos radiactivos
Industrial Porous Media
- Maria Barragán (UCM): Membranas de intercambio iónico para la generación de energía
- Pablo García Salaberri (UC3M): Modeling Gas Diffusion Layers in Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells
Round Table Discussion